Roles and Responsibilities
As part of Year 6, children have the opportunity to take on more responsibility by applying to become a Sports Captain. This process involves children writing a letter of application detailing their passion and commitment for sport and physical activity. The children are then selected for the role of Sports Captain by a panel including, Miss Porter and members of SLT, Year 6 teachers and the School P.E. Co-ordinator.
Some of the key responsibilities of our Sports Captains include:
- To work together as part of the team of Sports Captains.
- To work with the P.E. Co-ordinator to organise and maintain school sports equipment.
- To support staff in organising House sports which may include events such as tug-of-war, cross-country and sports day.
- To help organise, run and referee House sports events as required.
- To liaise with House Captains.
- To wear the Sports Captain’s badge with pride.As well as the above responsibilities, a Sports Captain is expected to be a positive role model in terms of attitude, attendance, behaviour, manners and appearance to all members of the Leckhampton family.