The FoLPS Committee is made up of parents and is formally elected each year at the AGM in September, in line with the PTA Constitution. However, new committee members are warmly welcomed at any time of the year as are new ideas and suggestions for fundraising and fun events!
The FoLPS Committee meets during the second week of each Term and everyone is welcome to attend. Dates for FoLPS Committee meetings are advertised in advance and are very informal, open and friendly with the odd glass of wine enjoyed too, so feel free to come along! If you are allergic to meetings, but would still like to be in the loop with FoLPS, you can join our e-mail group to hear about things as they happen. Just let one of us know!
FoLPS Committee Meetings are generally held on the 2nd Tuesday of each term at 7:30 pm in The Wheatsheaf Pub, Old Bath Road.
21 September 2016 – This is the AGM and will be held on a Wednesday at the school.
8 November 2016
10 January 2017
28 February 2017
9 May 2017
13 June 2017
The formal elected FoLPS Committee of 2016 / 17 is as follows:-
Chair: Liz Green
Vice Chair: Rhoslyn Salisbury
Secretary: Zoe Priddle
Treasurer: Laura Thomson and Manisha Bhalinge (role share)
Other Officer: Pippa Hubbard
Ordinary Members: Angie Boyes, Nikki Hoper, Sarah Thompson, Caroline Agg and Jean McBane
How can I get involved?
There are many different ways to get involved, depending on how much time you have, what skills you can share or what support you can give.
Every little bit helps, you can:-
- Share your ideas and expertise
- Help at one of our events
- Propose and run your own activity or event
- Sponsor or donate gifts or prizes
- Join the committee
- Come along to events and bring friends and family
- An idea being discussed within FoLPS is the revival of Class Reps. The idea is a simple one, we are looking for a nominated individual(s) who would be happy to talk to other parents from their child’s class to pass on FoLPS news or drum up support for FoLPS events. If you are interested in being ‘this person’ then we would love to hear from you. You don’t have to be part of the FoLPS committee to do this, you just have to be happy to talk to your fellow parents about FoLPS stuff! As ever we are always looking at new ways to help get FoLPS news out there and feel this is an avenue worth exploring.